- Ark is a voluntary project providing support in the Bartley Green, Quinton and Weoley Castle areas, in response to referrals from local Heath and Social- Care workers.
- In addition to our Foodbank, we provide teams of volunteers to complete one-off minor DIY and cleaning work , garden clearance and garden repair.
- All our volunteers have received an advanced CRB check, and undergone appropriate training, including home-visiting, working with vulnerable adults, & practical DIY training where appropriate
- We operate a strict confidentiality policy. All information is held securely, and no personal information is taken to a clients house.
- Ark is a charitable venture run by California Christian Centre, as an independent community project. Anyone is welcome to volunteer, subject to appropriate checks and training.
- For more information on ARK please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Church office.
What happens when you call?
- As ARK is run entirely by volunteers, all calls are directed straight to an answer machine. This is picked up on a daily basis, and redirected to an appropriate team leader.
- For non-urgent cases you will receive a return call within seven days, confirming details and checking details for risk assessment.
- For Food bank urgent referrals we will then contact the client, and arrange a time.
- For Home and Garden support we will contact the client and arrange for an initial visit. A pair of team leaders will visit to check the job and make a risk assessment, and will either complete a small job themselves, or make arrangements for a pair, or if necessary a team to complete the work as soon as possible. All staff carry ID badges, and clients will be notified of the names of those attending.
- All referrals are assessed and dealt with in order of perceived need. Once completed, or if the job is delayed, we will contact you to let you know.
Home and Garden Support
- Ark offers pairs and teams of volunteers to complete Cleaning, Garden clearance and repair, and home DIY repair work.
- Our aim is to support those unable to complete this work themselves. Two team leaders will visit referrals, assess the job, and undertake it themselves or assign a pair or team to complete it.
- Generally we can complete any minor DIY, cleaning or garden work, but not jobs which would normally require a professional tradesman. Age Concern Handyman Service may be able to help elderly or vulnerable clients with more serious jobs.
- The Food Bank offers stop-gap support for those in crisis, and will provide a basic food package. We aim for food packages to last two-three days, and sustain a family when no other support is available.
- For long term difficulties, or repeated referrals, we will offer information on agencies providing longer term support and advice to resolve the ongoing difficulties. Food bank referrals are dealt with as a matter of priority.